1. Place cold towels or an ice bag on your face for the first 6-8 hours. Leave it on for 15 minutes, then off for 15 minutes.
2. Do not rinse your mouth until the following day.
3. On the morning following surgery, rinse mouth with warm salt water
(1/2 teaspoon salt to a glass of warm water). Repeat this several times daily.
4. Keep fingers and tongue away from the socket.
5. BLEEDING- it is normal for the saliva to be slightly streaked with blood for about 1-2 days.
If abnormal bleeding occurs, place a piece of moist gauze over the extraction site and bite down for 30-45 minutes.
6. Following dental surgery it is normal to experience some discomfort.
If medication has been prescribed, take it as instructed.
7. SWELLING & STIFFNESS- is normal and should not cause alarm.
Apply cold towel or ice bag for 15 minutes of each hour as needed.
8. DIET- A liquid or soft diet is advisable during the first 24 hours. Drink lots of fluids.
9. Smoking- Absolutely NO SMOKING for the first 48 hours.
10. Alcohol- No alcohol for the first 48 hours.
11. Exercise- avoid strenuous exercise for the next 3 days.
12. Avoid using straws or splitting- avoid anything that creates pressure in the mouth.
13. Please call our office if undue symptoms develop.